Monday, March 16, 2020

Top O' the Morning To Ya!

Or top of the evening......depending on when you're 
reading this!

I wish you lots of luck and fun on 
St. Patrick's Day, Glitterinas!

Thank you so much for stopping by 
Pink Glitter 
and sharing a few minutes with me.

I have a friend that I went to high school with 
who finds more 
four leaf clovers than anyone else.....ever....
every year!

Yes, you, Lynn!
You lucky, lucky lady!

I have to make my own 
shamrocks....and that's just 
what I'm doing today.

Please join me in the kitchen for a fun 
and simple craft recipe.

I'll just put on my apron and we'll get 
started.

Here's what I'll be using today.....

pretzels (curly and straight)
Rolos
green M&Ms

cookie sheet
Silpat liner
oven
platter


......and that's pretty much it!




Begin by arranging some of the traditional (curly) pretzels 
in threes 
on a silpat lined cookie sheet.

I like to use a silpat liner anytime 
I use Rolos because of the sticky, but very yummy,
caramel inside.



Leave plenty of room between the rows
for the stick pretzels (stems).

My shamrocks are not quite as lucky as Lynn's 
but it's fine, I bet they taste better!

When all the shamrocks are arranged, I add the stems.....


I try to keep the placement nice and tight so the 
Rolo in the center of each one will hold all the parts
together.


It's now time for the Rolo placement....the only difficult 
part of this project is unwrapping the Rolos.
It's really not hard just a bit time consuming, I guess!


Here we go.....


Tah-Dah!


Into the oven they go.....at 350º for about 5 minutes.

When they have done their time in the oven
I place the cookie sheet on a cooling rack and place a green M&M 
on top of each Rolo.
(Any color, of course, would work, but why not use green?)


Using one of my favorite, simple kitchen tools,
I press each M&M down, gently, into the 
Rolo.

Can you tell what my kitchen tool is, 
Glitterinas?

It's a long, plastic chop stick.

Very handy for many little kitchen cooking jobs!


I let the shamrocks cool for about 30 minutes and then 
transfer them to a platter or a decorative serving piece.

Pretty cute, huh?!

I also made some little nibbles for my
sweet husband.....just because he's my 
favorite lucky charm!


These are just a pretzel, Rolo, M&M.....not even on a silpat,
because he could not care less if they stick a bit.

He just cares about getting to snack on them!

I put together a tray of 
St. Patrick's Day snacks for my 
grand~darlings.....I used the shamrocks and some 
little candy cups on some fun, green doilies.





I like the way it turned out.


What do you think, Glitterinas?
Do you think the grands will like it?


I want to thank you again for stopping by 
Pink Glitter.

Please leave me a comment.
I really enjoy hearing what you think 
about each post!


Stay safe and keep washing those hands.



Big hug....ooooops, no, make that a nice elbow bump,
Tammy














No comments:

Post a Comment