Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Eat Your Black Eyed Peas!

Happy New Year, Glitterinas!

Do you and your family eat anything special for prosperity in the new year?

My family has always eaten black eyed/purple hull peas.....I grew up eating them on the first day of a new year....my girls ate them every year....now, it's just husband and I but we still eat our peas!

There are certain foods we like to eat with our peas each year.....and that's what I'd like to share with you today.

I am so glad you stopped by for a quick visit....thank you!

First, I will fry some okra.

Cut it up, dredge it in corn meal.....
then everyone in the pool, I mean, skillet!



Set the timer......

While the okra is frying, I'll make some cornbread muffins.

Didn't they come out beautifully......sigh, cringe.....


Oh well, bet they still taste good.....my family has eaten many, many things 
I've prepared that have been rated 

"Looks - 2" 
and 
"Taste -10"



Okra is ready......


Heat up the peas....and add some salt, pepper, and a little chopped onion....

Tah Dah.....lunch is served!

Simple and delish.


I like all of these piled in the same bowl.....maybe with a little spoonful of something spicy on top....with a nice glass of tea.

Here's to a wonderful and prosperous year for all of us!

Please take a moment and click on the Follow button and sign up 
to get Pink Glitter delivered to your inbox!

Until next time,
Tammy





No comments:

Post a Comment