Saturday, July 29, 2017

I Love Olives!

I really do, Glitterinas....
how about you?

Olive haters, this is not the post for you.

If you loathe olives and never let them 
touch your palette then 
it's probably best if I thank you for stopping by 
Pink Glitter
and let you go on to your other e-mail.


Today I want to share a simple olive recipe 
that makes a nice party nibble,
or a great treat to pass around when 
friends stop by for a visit,
or a yummy addition to a glass 
of wine before dinner.

First, we'll take a quick trip to 
Southern Italy to pick up some delicious 
provolone cheese......
or a stop at your favorite deli will work, too.

Then we'll swing over to Greece for some yummy 
kalamata olives....
or maybe your favorite grocery store.

The only other ingredients are 
green olives, shallots and zesty Italian dressing.

How easy does that sound, Glitterinas?

Let's head off to the kitchen and get started!

Start by draining a jar of kalamata olives and a jar 
of regular pimento stuffed green olives.


Then in a nice, large, glass jar with 
a tight fitting lid
I start layering in the cheese and shallots.



I have the deli slice the provolone at 
an 8 or 9 thickness for this recipe.

I use a half pound of cheese 
and three or four fresh shallots.


I slice it into strips and then small 
rectangles.

I cut up the shallots with my 
kitchen shears.



Next, I place about half of the drained 
olives into the jar.

I use one of my favorite kitchen tools....
a canning funnel
to make this step easy.




Now, add in some more of the chopped provolone 
and shallots.

Reserve a little of each to go over the last layer
of olives.


The rest of the olives can go in.....


.....and the last of the cheese and shallots.


I add one cup of zesty Italian dressing to finish up
this jar of yumminess!


Put the lid on tightly and give 
the jar a good, hard shake.


Tah Dah!

I have a jar of olives and provolone 
cheese to enjoy!

I like this tasty treat cold, so 
into the fridge it goes!

It will last up to a month....not that it's 
made it that long around our house!

If you enjoy olives, I hope you'll give this 
simple recipe a try!

Thank you so much for letting me share 
some time with you today, Glitterinas!

I love to read your comments, so 
please leave me a note!


Now, I'm off to curl my hair....
Sweet husband and I are going to the movies!

Hmmmmm, Jordan almonds or popcorn?



Until next time,
Tammy
















No comments:

Post a Comment