Sunday, March 25, 2018

Johnette's Cornbread Salad

I taught second grade with a lovely lady
named Johnette Knudson.

She invited our team to her cozy and welcoming home 
and served cornbread salad.
Everyone brought something to eat but the 
cornbread salad was the star of the meal to me!

I want to share the recipe for this yummy salad
with you.

Begin by making a recipe of regular 
cornbread.

I use the little box mix.  

Sometimes I add a can 
of whole kernel corn....
or chopped pimentos....
or some chunky salsa.....
or chopped cilantro and onions.

But for this recipe just use a 
plain ol' recipe of cornbread!

Bake it and let it cool off.

Crumble it into a mixing bowl.



Chop up 3 large roma tomatoes.....



......and half a large red onion.
Yellow or white onions are fine, but I 
like the added color.


Add these chopped items to the crumbled 
cornbread.



Stir, stir, stir.



Now add about half a cup of mayonnaise.


Stir, stir again!


Add in a cup of shredded cheese....
I use colby jack cheese but use the cheese you 
like best!

You can also add some chopped, cooked bacon.


Stir, stir.....and then add salt and pepper 
to taste.


Tah Dah!

Your cornbread salad is ready to eat!

Eating this recipe is my favorite part, Glitterinas!

For this meal I served cornbread salad
with chicken salad.

Double yum!


Add your favorite crackers and a drink....
nice meal!


Store any leftover salad covered in 
the refrigerator.

It will be even better the second day!

Thank you so much for taking some time to let 
me share a yummy and easy recipe today.

I'm so glad you stopped by
Pink Glitter!

Leave me a comment and let me know if 
you've ever had cornbread salad....
is your recipe the same as this one?

I enjoy your comments!

You are the best, Glitterinas!


Hugs and glitter,
Tammy





No comments:

Post a Comment