Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Brrrrrr It's Cold.....I Want Soup!

All of a sudden the weather 
has turned cold, Glitterinas!

No more shorts and flip flops....

no more bathing suits and sunscreen....

It's time for jackets and warm socks....

and good ol' hot soup for dinner!


This is my Beef and Onion soup 
with Mushrooms.

It's a simple recipe that will fill you up 
and warm you up, too!

Let me share my recipe with you.

The ingredients you'll need are:

stew meat (about 1 pound)
one onion, rough chop
water
2 heaping tsp. bouillon
fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced
fresh cracked pepper, to taste

********

Let's get busy making some soup.

Heat up a dutch oven and put the stew 
meat in to begin browning.

Get a good sizzle going and add in the onions.


Stir, stir, stir.

Let the onions and meat cook until the 
onions begin to get some caramelization.


I mix my bullion in a liter carafe.....water and 
bullion go in and I stir with one of my favorite 
handy dandy, kitchen tools-a chop stick!


Add about half of the mixture to the 
meat and onions.


Stir and let the temperature come up to a simmer.


Add the rest of the bullion to the soup.

Add the mushrooms.....

....stir, stir, stir.


Add another cup or two of water.

Add some fresh cracked pepper.


Cover the dutch oven, reduce the heat to medium 
and let the soup simmer for about 30 minutes.


I set the table.....




I was loving me some Pioneer Woman....


.....I made hot tea in my new PW teapot.....

.....and I made some corn muffins to serve with 
the Beef and Onion Soup.

Let's eat!


Mine was very good.....


The broth of this soup is so good.

Husband is not really a big fan of 
soup broth but he really likes this one.

If your crew isn't fond of mushrooms
just leave them out.....you'll still
have a delicious soup.

Give this soup a try when you want 
a meal that will warm you up and 
fill you up!

Thanks so much for stopping by 
Pink Glitter!

Leave me a note....
I love reading what you think!


Stay warm and cozy, Glitterinas!

Until next time,
Tammy


















No comments:

Post a Comment