Monday, November 19, 2018

Thanksgiving Is Almost Here......and a Favorite Recipe

I am thankful for you,
Glitterinas!

I am thankful for so many things!

God's Love

Family

Home

Friends

.....and the list goes on and on.

Fall colors are on my list, too.

This time of year we put all the 
leaves in the dining room table.

We have several large group meals 
here.

As I decorate the table I look forward to 
all the wonderful people, fun visits and 
delicious food we'll enjoy at this table!


I love this time of year!

I love arranging the table at this time
of year.....every year!






As usual, I am really looking forward to 
Thanksgiving 
this year!

It's almost here, Glitterinas!



Do you like getting together with 
big groups or having small gatherings 
at this time of year?


We have all sizes of groups.....and enjoy them all!

One of my favorite recipes for Thanksgiving is Cranberry Relish.

My mom made it every year for Thanksgiving and then 
my sister and I always tried to talk her into making 
it again for Christmas!

I want to share this much-loved recipe with you....



Tammy’s Cranberry Relish

1 pkg. (the 12 oz. one, the three pounder is toooo much) fresh cranberries
1 jar orange marmalade (a chopped up orange works, peel included)
1 or 2 granny smith apples, chopped
1/2 cup pecan pieces
splash of lemon juice
sugar, to taste

I give the cranberries a quick whirl in the food processor, then add all of the other ingredients, giving it a whirl after each addition.  Taste and adjust.  To me, this relish tastes best after it has been in the refrigerator for about 24 hours. 

Enjoy!


I wouldn't serve Thanksgiving dinner without 
making this cranberry relish!

Some of us put it on the turkey, some 
of us put it in the middle of our plate 
and eat it with everything.

One cute, little one likes it on 
the rolls.....she's checked several times
to make sure I'll have the good cranberry stuff!

Are you staying put 
or
traveling somewhere 
for Thanksgiving?

What ever your plans are
for
Thanksgiving,

I hope your days are filled with 
laughter, 
fun, 
good food
 and 
people you enjoy!


Happy Thanksgiving, Glitterinas!



Counting my blessings,
Tammy












No comments:

Post a Comment