Monday, October 29, 2018

Galax Roses


I have a grapevine wreath that needs some 
pretty.....

lucky for me, my husband made some galax roses 
at his last workshop and brought them 
home for me to use.

Green galax leaves are gathered, stems are 
taped, and then the "roses" are dipped in gold.


Pretty, huh?!

I chose wide burlap ribbon and a 
narrow gold, wired ribbon to use 
with these galax roses.


To start, I cut a piece of the gold ribbon and 
tied it on the wreath where the bow would be.


Next, I cut a piece of burlap ribbon for the bow tails.
I tied it on the wreath using the gold ribbon.




Now, using the burlap ribbon...
I made a loop, and another and a few more....
then I tied the bow to the 
wreath.


Next, came a small gold bow tied 
on top of the burlap bow.


Looking good.....don't you think.
Glitterinas?!

I love a pretty bow,

It's time to add the galax roses.

I think three under....


.....and two over!


I hot glued the roses on the wreath.


Hot glue can be tricky.....I consider a 
project a success if I don't glue any of my fingers!

Success!

Yay!

I wanted the "under" roses to be a bit closer to the 
bow....



....but the ribbon can be arranged to make 
everything OK.


What do you think, Glitterinas?


I think this wreath looks nice 
in this white door.



This is where it will live for awhile.


What do you think, Glitterinas?

How does it look here?

Let me know what you think, please.


Fun wreath.....made from lots of 
pretty pieces!

I am so glad you stopped by to see what 
I'm up to today.

Thanks for letting me share this 
simple project with you.

Have you made any wreaths?

Please share......




Until next time,
Tammy














No comments:

Post a Comment