Sunday, September 30, 2018

Bunco Snacks!

Hello Glitterinas!

For years and years I have been lucky enough 
to play bunco with the loveliest of friends!

We rotate around to different homes each month 
and share the task of bringing yummy things to eat.

This month we are headed to Julie's 
beautiful home.....and I am bring an appetizer.

My grand~darling Emery and I took to the kitchen 
to make 
Cream Cheese and Sausage Bites.

Join us as we make this recipe for bunco.

Place a brick of cream cheese in a bowl to come to
room temperature.


Brown a chub of sausage in a skillet.....
I used Jimmy Dean regular sausage.

Actually, I should say Emery browned 
the sausage!


Drain the sausage....


.....when the cream cheese is softened,
add the sausage to it.


Stir.....stir....



Take two rolls of cresent rolls and place them 
into muffin pans.


Fold the points in and then press the 
dough into a circle.

Place each roll into a muffin section 
that's been sprayed with baking spray....
Emery uses Pam.


In the past, I have taken each cresent roll
and sliced them into two, long triangles.

I've placed a teaspoon of filling on each 
and rolled it up.....and baked them.

Emery likes things baked in muffin cups
so.....

.....these appetizers were baked into 
cups!

Now, where were we?!

Oh yes....

Finish placing each roll into the 
muffin cups.

Then scoop some filling into each cup.

A pretty smile from the cook!




When each cup is filled,
it's time for these cuties to go into 
the oven at 355 degrees for 17 minutes.

Emery had some filling left, so she decided to eat 
some of it on crackers.


It made a yummy lunch!

The rest was placed into a plastic 
container and put in the refrigerator.

This mixture makes a delicious filling for 
an omelet.  It's also yummy to 
mix with scrambled eggs.


When the appetizers were baked, 
Emery put them on a wire rack to cool.




A tiny sprinkle of paprika was added on top of each 
flower.  Guess who decided these looked like flowers?!

You probably guessed right.....the cute cook!

My traveling friend who brings me goodies from all over 
the world, brought me this paprika from Hungary!


Next, the cute cook asked about a platter 
on which to take them to bunco.

I wasn't sure what I would use.

She was helpful in picking out a 
platter and she also wanted to use doilies.



She plated the flowers on the platter and we wrapped 
it all up in plastic wrap.

The appetizers went to bunco and were enjoyed 
during our delicious dinner.

I was very proud of this young cook.

What an easy recipe.....I hope you'll give this 
recipe a try, Glitterinas!

It's easy to make and very easy to enjoy!

Thank you for joining Emery in the 
kitchen.....she's getting better and better 
at baking yummy things to eat!


Until next time,
Tammy












No comments:

Post a Comment