Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Garden Fresh Goodies

Welcome to our garden!

Oh my goodness, Glitterinas, 
our garden is growing like crazy!

We are enjoying the bounty that's growing out 
there every day!










Swiss chard, spinach and cilantro are all chopped and ready 
to be cooked into a meal.





The Malibar spinach is a new crop for us....
it's very flavorful.



Haricots verts are yummy!



Tomatoes of all colors and sizes!


I think these green zebras are my 
favorite this year!

When sliced, they are solid green, all the 
way through!


I have canned some tomato sauce....



....that became jars of yumminess.....



....and green and yellow zucchini cooked with 
white onion and a few spices.....



......became these filled jars of 
chow chow pickles!

It's always so hard to wait for homemade pickles 
to cure and reach their full flavor.


That small jar in the middle, is pickled shallots.

Never made them before, but goodness, are they good!
I didn't wait to taste them!



Did you notice the small, blue labels on the 
tops of the jars?

Those are Pioneer Woman labels....
I love her things! 

She needs to stop the cuteness, though, I'm running out 
of cabinet space for all her precious dishes!


The kitchen was busy, busy.....

.....daughter and I used two different tools to 
process the tomato sauce.

Grandmother's tin chinoise 
and 
my emulsion blender


I'm anxious to use all these yummy 
things in meals for my family.



There was a large zucchini left after all the 
busy busy was over.....

we decided to make some delicious 
zucchini bread mini loaves.


There was no waiting involved for 
enjoying these delicious little loaves.

So yummy!

Thank you for stopping by the garden today.
I appreciate you taking time to read 
each post of 
Pink Glitter!


Whether you have a single tomato plant 
or 
several acres of plants~

I hope your garden endeavors are paying off well
and you are enjoying 
garden fresh goodies!


Remember,
gardeners have the best dirt!


Hugs and zucchini,
Tammy














No comments:

Post a Comment