Monday, August 21, 2017

My New Dishes

My sweet husband went looking 
around at one of our favorite antique malls.

He saw a large set of dishes with the usual 
 dinner plates, salad plates, cups and saucers.....

and then unusually, there were also many serving pieces!

He really liked the different farm scenes
that were on each different piece.

So he bought that 90 piece set 
for his wife who he knew would 
LOVE 
it......because she loves dishes!

If my wonderful Dad was still with us, I could 
hear him saying 
"Tammy girl, you need another set of dishes like 
you need a hole in your head!"

Well Dad, these new pieces of ironstone will find 
a good home with me!

Take a look, Glitterinas,






Sweet husband was so proud of himself!

He should be......I know that we'll enjoy this set of 
dishes at 

regular, everyday lunches...

special, get together dinners....

Thanksgiving dinners.....

and week night dinners!

These pieces will go with other dishes 
I have and will help me set 
lovely tables.



Look at that stack of ash trays!
We won't be using those as they were originally intended.....
they'll make nice little candle plates, drink coasters, bone plates, 
candy dishes, etc.

The backs of the dinner plates are stamped with 
Memory Lane, ironstone, 1965.


These extra large plates are service plates.
One doesn't eat from them but they sure look 
nice at each place setting on a table set for a meal.


The gravy boat is one of my favorite pieces.


I decided to wash several of these 
new to me dishes and use them at dinner.

They did set a pretty table.....



....what do you think, Glitterinas?


How cute are these salt and pepper shakers?



I found all of these lovely dishes
a place to live.....


.....the linens that were here ......



have been re-located 
to a shelf in the linen closet....


......done and done!

Yay!

I am so glad you stopped by 
Pink Glitter 
today, Glitterinas!

Thank you so much for looking through 
my pictures and reading my thoughts 
about new to me dishes!


I think I need to give sweet husband another hug!


Hugs and dishes,
Tammy





















No comments:

Post a Comment