Saturday, August 17, 2013

Papaw Jack's Meeting

Papaw Jack, my sweet FIL, was going to have an Adam Lawrence Homestead Meeting at his house.  He asked if I could help him with some cookies and tea for  refreshments.

Now, if he'd asked for help with yard work, or help with the goats I would have helped, but not with a song in my heart.....more like a grumble under my breath....sorry, that sounds mean, but this 100+ degree heat is not my favorite!

But help with anything that is remotely related to a party.....I am your girl!

I decided to use my large yellow, Fiesta platter for cookies.....and some of my small Mary Englebreit bowls for fruit, nuts, etc.  Yay!

A trip to HEB found (my favorite) chewy chocolate cookies, M&M cookies, fresh strawberries and grapes.....then a quick stop at Target for cinnamon glazed pecans, honey roasted cashews, and some plates and napkins....

Here's the cookies.....and the nuts (pecans and cashews, not Papaw and I)....


A bowl of cold, yummy fruit.....


Sweet tea, unsweet tea, and water.....with lemon.....


Tah dah....all set up for Papaw to serve refreshments after the meeting!


Flowers from my yard make me happy, so I picked some......


Yes, cookies and flowers make me happy!  I hope Papaw Jack is happy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment