Sunday, December 21, 2014

Oh, Christmas Tree.....

I wait for eleven months each year
to decorate our Christmas Tree, Glitterinas!

Sometime around June or July I really
start thinking about a theme..... a color......

Well this year,  I decided to use 
my gingerbread collection of ornaments 
and things to decorate the tree.

I found a few cute gingerbread clip art images that I wanted to 
make something with.....

I began putting the gingerbread people 
on red and green shapes.....boring!

Next, I tried vintage Christmas cards......blah, not exactly
what I wanted.

I found some very cute vintage bingo cards online 
and decided to try them with the gingerbread 
clip art......hmmm, still not right.

The gingerbread people were just not working for me.....

Poop!

I decided to try some traditional Christmas images.....

BINGO!

Ha, ha, ha, I am so easily amused....


I really like the way these cards turned out!

After a quick addition of glitter....
(you knew there's be glitter, didn't you?!?)

......they were just what I wanted!



I covered some clothes pins with seasonal paper and 
glittered some others to use when 
attaching the bingo cards to the tree.







I found some other images to use, too....


.....some vintage-y looking Santas and 
some tags made from old Shiny Brite 
ornament boxes.


These decorations paired with several 
banner strings made from 
old history book pages turned out to 
be just right for our tree this year!




I didn't even use my gingerbread men.

However, the gingerbread storage box did get 
organized and repacked out in the store room!

That little organizational task made me 
feel so accomplished!

Back to the tree.....



I think it turned out kinda cute, what do you think??


I used the large galvanized tub 
 that I had pumpkins in for the fall,
to stand the tree in.....I placed an old
quilt top that has lots of red in it, around the 
stand inside the tub.

Having a choo choo train running around the
base of my Christmas tree is something I've
wanted for awhile.

This year, it happened!


I found this little cutie at Home Depot!


Choo choo......all aboard!



It means so much to me that you take time
to read my thoughts and look through my pictures 
here at Pink Glitter!
Thank you!


Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!


Hugs and holly with a tiny sprinkle of glitter,
Tammy














No comments:

Post a Comment