Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Little Rose That Could!

Hello Glitterinas!

Thank you so much for stopping by 
Pink Glitter
today!

When we moved into the house where we live now
there were so many things we were excited about!

We were on acreage....

we had two barns....

the house had been built in 1930
and had tons of personality.....

we had trees, trees, trees.....

and the list went on!

Out the back door there was a small bed of 
shrubs that were nice and full.

Struggling along in that same bed was one,
little, lone rose bush.

Well, rose bush probably isn't the best 
way to describe it....

It was one cane of a rose plant.

It struggled to get to some sunlight....

.....it even bloomed with two tiny roses.

When husband decided to take it out,
I asked if he would plant it along the fence that runs by 
the driveway.

He did and told me not to be disappointed if it 
didn't make it.

Well, fast forward two years, Glitterinas,
and let me show you the little rose that could!




Isn't it beautiful?



This running rose reminds me of my 
grandmother's yard.  

She would let me 
pick lots of the blooms from her running roses 
and line them up all the 
way down the middle of her dining room table!

It was probably a big ol' mess for her to clean up the next day
but all she ever said was how pretty the table looked!




These old fashioned roses have 
such a wonderful fragrance.


This rose just keeps blooming and blooming....


.....look at the gorgeous color!

Isn't this one pretty, Glitterinas?




As the petals began to fade I gathered up some 
spent roses to dry.

I'll use them in pot pourri bags and other craft 
projects.

With each project, I'll remember how lovely 
this rose bush looked all covered with blooms!

This really did turn out to be 
the little rose that could!

I can hardly wait to see all the roses again next year!



What's blooming in your neck of the woods?

Leave me a note, I love reading 
all your comments!


Until next time,
Tammy











No comments:

Post a Comment