Friday, December 21, 2018

Nutcracker, Please!

Hello Glitterinas!

Thank you for opening up this post 
of 
Pink Glitter!


Over the summer the grand~darlings and I had 
several conversations about this year's 
Christmas tree theme.

Santa theme almost always makes the list....

as does Angels....

and silver....

along with a super hero or two!

But this year Nutcrackers were discussed.

Ooooh, that was my favorite and it soon was 
decided that the theme of this year's tree would be
Nutcrackers!

Since I love, love all things pink,
the supporting color was decided, also!

I found some ornaments large and small 
online and ordered them.....

.....and then one day I found some Hallmark gift tags 
that were.....guess what?!

Characters from the Nutcracker!


There's sweet Clara, 

lovely Sugar Plum,

and two versions of handsome Nutcracker!

I made some round, crepe paper rosettes 
and punched out some paper snowflakes 
for mounting the gift tags.



Each tag was glued onto a rosette and I added 
a snowflake around the edge of each.

Hooray for hot glue!




Each gift tag had a hanger 
already attached.

Perfect!



I decided to make some of  tags into 
larger ornaments.

I used my Martha circle punch for the 
base of these.


Press, press, press.....



Then a rosette and a gift tag.....


I hung each one up as I 
completed it.....
and I quickly had two stacks of 
Nutcracker ornaments for the tree!

A stack of large ones.....


......and a stack of smaller ones!


I think they will look quite nice on 
the Christmas tree!

Do you choose a theme for your tree 
each year?

How do you decorate your tree,
Glitterinas?

Leave me a note and let me know, please!

I enjoy reading your comments and the thoughts
 you leave for me!



Until next time,
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment