Saturday, December 22, 2018

Our Christmas Tree

Hello Glitterinas!

I want to welcome you to our home
to see our Christmas Tree.

It's in the corner where it usually stands.

 The Christmas Train is
choo choo-ing around the 
vintage tin tub
in which the tree stands.

There's a vintage pink and blue baby 
quilt wrapped around the 
stand.....

inside the tub.....

but after the tree gets decorated 
the quilt just barely shows.

I know it's there so I smile when I see it
peeking through the lower 
branches!

The theme of our tree this year 
is 
The Nutcracker.

Every year when I get the branches fluffed 
and arranged....

.....and the lights come on and twinkle....

....and the train is chugging around and around....


......I think, goodness, I like it just like this!

And every year that lasts about 15 minutes
until I decide I want to go ahead and decorate it!

I started at the top with pink, sparkly 
poinsettias, some sparkly ting (very thin, stiff 
curly pieces that have been glittered), and 
some sparkly pink ribbon.

If you are wondering, yes, I was covered with 
pink glitter from decorating the top of 
our tree!

It's OK.....I love glitter and I love pink....
I just had a good laugh and soldiered on!


From there, my helpers and I started hanging 
all the fun Nutcracker ornaments 
on the tree.

Smallest at the top....

all the way down....

to the larger ones near the bottom!

Look closely.....

can you find your favorite 
Nutcracker character?


Here's a good look at the lovely ribbon 
coming down from the bow at the top.



Lots of graceful ballerinas dancing 
among the branches.....



.......dancers from around the world.....



.....and even Herr Drosselmeyer!




This Mouse King is my favorite....
he's sporting a fancy, pink, velvet cape 
and a wonderfully shiny sword!


I'm glad Clara's eyes are closed.....that nutcracker 
looks a little intense!





Only one of my hard working helpers 
would pose as she worked.....


......the other helper, daughter Ashley, 
declined....oh well.

I think the tree is twinkly...

....and sparkly

......and happy

.....and pink

....and looks festive!

What do you think, Glitterinas?


We'll enjoy our Nutcracker tree for 
the Christmas season of 2018.

When it's time to pack everything away 
we'll have some happy memories 
and some fun pictures of this
festive and sparkly Christmas tree!

Thank you so much for stopping by 
and 
letting me share our 
Nutcracker Christmas tree with you!

I hope you are enjoying some 
chilly temperatures 
and 
maybe even some snow
during this winter season.

I have some snow in a 
cute snow globe....
and in some terrific pictures 
that friends have shared of their 
precious families!



Safe travels to those of you "going"
for the holidays....

.....and cozy times for those of you "staying" 
for the holidays!


Merry Christmas, Glitterinas,
Tammy










No comments:

Post a Comment