Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Thankful Tree....and a Bit of This and That!

Hello Thankful Glitterinas!

How do you answer the question "What are you thankful for?" or to make the grammar police happy "For what are you thankful?"

I try to remember each and every day to be thankful for all of the wonderful blessings the Lord pours out over me!

This year I decided to make a Thankful Tree.  

I started with a tall pecan branch that has a lovely curve to it.....I used my electric cutter to make some leaves from pieces of pretty paper.



Next, I cut some small labels.


Then I punched out some round shapes to glue on some of the labels....I'll write on these.





What am I thankful for this year?

Jesus

Family

Friends

Love

Abundance

My list starts out almost the same every year....it just gets longer!

This year I am very aware of the blessing of "abundance".

The leaves that have writing on them got an extra little piece of ribbon through the label and the rest of the leaves got a splash of glitter......then they all got a ribbon for hanging!




I anchored the pecan branch in a small carafe with some little, gravel rocks and then hung all the leaves.




This would be a fun project to do with children! 

At school, Sunday School, with grand children.....with whom could you make a Thankful Tree?


I put this little "tree" on a side table in the dining room.


I like the way this little reminder helps me to voice my answer to the question

"What are you thankful for, Tammy?"




Both daughters, our son-in-law, Papaw, and our busy grand~darlings will be joining my 
husband and I for our big Thanksgiving dinner. 

We are so blessed!

I want to share some fun things that will be waiting for everyone at the dining room table.

Activity placemats for the kids from Living Locurto.....and fun mini candy bar wrappers.


Crayon holder turkeys....gobble, gobble, gobble!


Pine cones, paper, and crayons......toooo fun!


Prizes for a Thanksgiving guessing game.....


Even the pumpkin wanted to dress up for the big day this year!


I have quite a list of things to be thankful for......how about you?



I am so glad you stopped by Pink Glitter.  Thank you!

Please leave me a comment about some of the things for which you are thankful.


Until next time,
Tammy







No comments:

Post a Comment