Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Burlap, Buttons and Paint

Gobble, Gobble Glitterinas!

Thanksgiving is getting close.

In September I begin looking forward to cooking Thanksgiving dinner!

I also look forward to decorating with some seasonal touches around the house and setting a special table for this very traditional meal.

I wanted some new napkin rings that were burlap-y.....but I couldn't find any....so I did what any crafter worth her hot glue gun would do.....I decided to make some!

Cruising around blogs, Pinterest, etc. yielded a virtual plethora of ideas.

I found some trim in the upholstery area of Hobby Lobby that looked just right for my project.

Snip, snip, snip.....



Then a little hot glue to hold the pieces in rings....I left a rough edge.


Decorate with some buttons from my stash.....


And Tah Dah......napkin rings!



Quick, Easy and just what I wanted!  Wow.

Could you use some new napkin rings?  

Give these a try......wouldn't some of these look cute on your table?

Well, the burlap and buttons part of the blog title has been taken care of.......let's get on with the paint.....

Painting a scarecrow welcome sign!

To begin this project, I wanted a good sturdy piece of wood.  A very kind and helpful man at Home Depot cut a sturdy piece of lumber into four pieces for me. 

One scarecrow sign and three more pieces of lumber......wahooooooo!

I sketched a face and the areas that would be his hat and shirt before I started any painting.


Let's get some painting done.....


Cute smile and a cloth nose....some details for his shirt.....


I used thin, black craft foam for the brim of his hat and eye triangles.....then added "Welcome" in white paint, some raffia hair, googly eyes, patches on his hat and a little tie.


Oh my.....I think he's pretty cute!

After everything was dry, I had to find where he wanted to live.



I like him best on the vintage quilt in the chair.....so there he sits......welcoming guests into our dining room!


He looks like he has a five o'clock shadow....maybe he needs a new razor!

Mr. Scarecrow will be welcoming Thanksgiving guests.....

.....and the new little burlap-y napkin rings will be waiting on the dining room table when Thanksgiving dinner finally rolls around.



I wish you and yours a wonderful, safe, and happy Thanksgiving Day!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and spending time with me here at Pink Glitter.

I am so thankful for each and every one of you!

Until next time,
Tammy













No comments:

Post a Comment