Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Strawberry Jalapeno Jelly For Our Son-In-Law

I have a wonderful son-in-law.

He is a great husband to our oldest daughter
and a 
wonderful, loving father to our 
three grand~darlings.

He works hard, loves his parents.....
his list of accolades is long, Glitterinas!

He also has a birthday coming up......

Some years I buy his gift, if I know
there's something in particular he wants.

This year I decided to make most of 
his birthday present.

I started with 
Strawberry Jalapeno Jelly.

Let me share this delicious 
recipe with you.

Begin with 

1 1/2 c. chopped jalapeños
2 c. chopped strawberries
(let the strawberries get as ripe as you can
so their flavor can stand up to the peppers)
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. lemon juice




Cook these ingredients on med high, stirring occasionally, until the 
sugar dissolves.


Then sprinkle in 6 T. pectin and continue to stir 
for about 5 minutes.

Place jelly into sterilized jar/jars to be canned.
Top with a new lid and band.
Can in a water bath.

This recipe makes about 12 oz.

All of these recipes can easily be 
doubled or tripled.



The next jalapeno goodie I made 
was .....

Candied Jalapeños

This recipe starts with 

1 c. sliced jalapeños and carrots
1 1/2 c. sugar


1/2 white onion, sliced into half rings


1 c. white vinegar
1/4 c. water

Combine all these ingredients in a sauce pan.
Cook on med high heat, stirring occasionally,
for 15 minutes.


Place all the veggies in a sterilized jar and 
fill with some more of the cooked juice.

Top with a new lid and band.

Can in a water bath.

This makes about 8 oz.


Do you sense a theme, Glitterinas?

Son-in-law loves hot and spicy 
food,
sauces,
and
treats.

So, for his special day this year he's
receiving a basket of 
HOT!


I made one more thing that 
will be in the gift basket.

Jalapeno Pecan Spread

The recipe for it.....

In a food processor,

1 c. jalapeños, packed
1 1/2 c. pecans

Pulse....pulse.....



My sweet father-in-law picked out pecans 
and brought them to me to keep in 
the freezer.

How lucky am I?


Scrape down the sides of the food processor 
and add 
1/3 c. sugar.


Pulse.....pulse.

This makes about 12 oz.

That's it, Glitterinas!

Put the spread into an air tight 
container and keep it in the refrigerator.


This spread will go into the 
gift basket last.....
right before the gift is opened.

This spread is so versatile.

It's delicious on...

chicken
beef
pork chops
cream cheese and crackers
halved tomatoes
toast

and a spoon!

I like to use these large cans of 
sliced jalapeños....



I hope you'll give one or all of these
hot and spicy recipes a try.



Let me now how they turn out!

I'll be packing his basket with these jalapeño 
goodies and some more spicy treats, crackers
 and sauces I've picked up.


Almost ready......


I hope he likes his birthday treats!

Thanks so much Glitterinas,
for joining me here at 
Pink Glitter today.

Until next time,
Tammy 
















No comments:

Post a Comment