Sunday, September 18, 2016

Chicky Pasta

Hello Glitterinas!

Thank you so much for opening up this 
post at 
Pink Glitter
and taking time from your busy day to 
spend a little time with me!

I want to share a recipe with you today 
that you can make when you need to 
use up that last little bit of leftover chicken!

My family loves roasted chicken.....
and a whole roasted chicken makes 
enough for everyone to have their favorite part 
of the chicken.

But, there's always too much left to 
just throw it away.....
and not enough left for another meal 
by itself.

Sooooo, here's my solution for that dilemma!

Chicky Pasta

I use items that are probably already in your 
pantry and refrigerator.


Let's get started......

Chop up that leftover chicken.

Sometimes I have 2 cups and sometimes it's 
closer to 1 cup.....
doesn't really matter.

Put it in a mixing bowl and add a drained can of sliced 
mushrooms (15 oz.) and a small can of 
diced ripe olives.

Stir....stir....


 See those little pieces of diced up chicky?



Now, prepare some of your favorite type 
of pasta.

I use about half a bag of my favorite pasta
for this recipe.


When you are cooking your pasta 
place a wooden spoon on the rim 
of the pot and it won't boil over!

Cool, huh, Glitterinas?


That boiled over pasta water is a pain 
to clean off of the stove!  This little 
tip will save you that headache!

Don't forget to give your pasta 
a stir every now and then while it's cooking.

While your pasta is cooking, let's make 
a yummy, white sauce.

Mix together a block of softened cream cheese,
5 tablespoons of sour cream,
4 pats of butter,
and
2 tablespoons of mayo.

Stir.....stir.....


I like to use a dinner fork for this.....
it makes it nice and creamy.

You can also use a whisk.

This sauce is nice for pasta, veggies,
pizza dough, and rice.

For this recipe I'm adding some 
rosemary salt seasoning.


If your crew likes garlic, use that....
if red pepper flakes are the fav at your house, use them!


Stir.....stir.....again!

When the pasta is cooked and drained, 
add the white sauce and mix well.



Now, it's time to layer all this yumminess 
into a greased, baking dish.

Before the white sauce bowl goes into the sink......


.....I have to have just one little taste!

YUM!

Now, back to our regular, scheduled recipe!

I put about half of the pasta into a baking dish.....


.....then all the chicky mix goes in.....


......and I put the rest of the pasta on top of that!


Top it all off with a hit of 
parsley flakes....


.....lid on and into a 
350 degree oven for about 25 minutes.


I bake this chicky pasta for another
10-15 minutes without the lid on.

I serve it with grated parmesan cheese....


....and a nice, green salad.


That's dinner.....

or lunch.....

which ever works best for the cook!


This recipe makes 5-6 servings.


Give this recipe a try the next time you need to use up
those chicky leftovers!

Share a picture with me.....
I'd love to know how your 
Chicky Pasta 
turns out!


Thanks again for stopping by,
Glitterinas.


Hugs and pasta,
Tammy























No comments:

Post a Comment