Thursday, January 26, 2017

Cough Medicine......Because It's That Time of Year!

Once the weather gets really cold and stays 
really cold, 
we get that croupy sounding cough.

Yuck!

When I was young, my grandpa gave me cough medicine 
that cut right through my coughs.

It was honey and lemon....
and I suspect it may have contained 
a bit of hooch.

Fast forward to when I was a young, married 
wifey.....husband's grandmother gave 
me cough medicine that I am 
positive contained hooch.

"Just sip it!" 
I can still hear her say.....that stuff would 
knock out my coughs!

Well, this recipe I'm sharing 
today
contains several good 
ingredients and yes, one of them is 
hooch......good ol' bourbon whiskey.

Begin by breaking up several 
peppermint candy canes and placing them into 
a smallish jar.


Next, add a tablespoon of honey over the 
candy.


Then add 3-4 teaspoons of lemon juice.....
fresh or already prepared.


Lastly, fill the jar with bourbon whiskey.


Cap the jar and set it aside.

Hmmm, interesting....
I see two jars of "fire".

One is filled with matches 
and the other with liquid fire!


In an hour or so, the 
candy will begin to dissolve....


In 6-7 hours all the candy will be dissolved.



Store the jar of cough medicine at 
room temperature.....and when needed 
take a dose of 2 teaspoons for a cough.

In our house, this cough medicine is only for 
adults.

When I take this for a cough, I do so 
at night before bedtime.

If winter hits you with a 
croupy cough, this might be something 
to give you a bit of relief!

If you are running a fever, please think 
about a visit to your doctor....

.....you don't want to be sick for 
the great Super Bowl commercials 
or Valentine's Day 
that are both coming soon!


I am so glad you took time 
to visit me here at 
Pink Glitter!

You are the best, Glitterinas!


Stay healthy,
Tammy







No comments:

Post a Comment