Monday, May 22, 2017

House Numbers and a Photo Display

Welcome to craft time,
Glitterinas!

I have had two ideas bubbling around in my 
lil ol' noggin for a while....

.....one was house numbers for the gate where 
FedEx, and other delivery people come 
up to the house...

.....two was a photo display made from 
an old bike wheel.

I had bought some large, black
numbers a while back in 
hopes a good idea would pop 
into my head....

....while I was showering,
washing dishes,
dusting,
you know, my thinking time!

Inspiration struck when daughter 
brought me an old, 
rusty, crusty multi-loaf pan.

She found it in one of Papaw's barns 
and thought it looked like something 
I would like.

She was so very correct!

Here it is....

....after a scrubby bath and a sun bath 
to dry it!

Our address has four numbers and there are 
five loaf pans here, so I would have to add 
something....

....hmmmm, 
our name, maybe,

a piece of interesting 
old rusty, crusty, maybe not,

an initial, maybe,

what, what, what??

I had a corrugated tin heart that might work.

Here's a pic of how the numbers fit on the loaf pans.


I used E6000 adhesive for this project.

That stuff is great, but do not get it on you....

taking it off also removes skin....ouch!

If you re messy, like me, wear 
disposable gloves.

Here's the heart.....the size is perfect!
Don't you agree, Glitterinas?


All the numbers and the heart were glued in place
and here's my finished 
house number sign.


Here's a creative, art-y shot....


I really like the way it turned out.

What do you think, Glitterinas?





Project two was a photo display.

I had been on the lookout for 
an old bike wheel, but I just couldn't 
find one.

Well, one day, boom, 
I found an old wheel.

It was just 
waiting to go to my craft room!


I thought about painting it but decided 
against it.

I can always paint it in the future if 
the mood strikes!

I added an old glass door knob 
to the middle of the wheel.

(Thanks for the idea, Holly!)


I covered some small clothespins 
with sparkly washi tape....


....and gathered up some old photos of people 
I love very much!


Using my sparkly clothespins, I attached 
the photos to the 
spokes of the wheel.


Tah-dah!

Cute, huh?!

This is my sweet Sissy......what a cutie pie!


Here's my Mom being shy, along with her Mom 
and her brother, Leo.


Love those boots, Mom!



This photo display is going to live 
on the mantle for now.


I love seeing it every day.



I added some more pictures to fill out 
the wheel space...... I did have more clips!


Do you like my two projects?

Leave me a note and let me know what you
think about them.

Thank you so much for stopping by the 
craft room here at 
Pink Glitter!

I hope to spend some more time 
with you soon, Glitterinas.


Until next time,
Tammy




















No comments:

Post a Comment