Saturday, May 13, 2017

Is That a Watermelon.....Nope, It's a Shovel!

A shovel?!

Yes, Glitterinas, I painted an old,
rusty shovel head.....

.....to look like a slice of watermelon.

I didn't take any pictures of the process.

Sorry....

but it's certainly not 
brain surgery if I can do it!

I used indoor/outdoor paint for this project.

I painted the green rim and then painted the 
entire center section white.

Without the white under the pink, the rust would have 
kept it from looking pink.

I added the little white marks on the green rim 
just to add some interest.


I painted the pink in the center section 
leaving a small white band.

I used a stencil brush to pounce a 
little bit more white around on 
the white band.

Using a black Sharpie, I drew on 
a few seeds after the pink paint dried.

Done, and done!

Find an old shovel 
or any interesting piece of metal
and paint a 
slice of watermelon that will last you 
all summer long, Glitterinas!


Add a layer of protection with a spray of 
polyurethane and a raffia bow....

and you're done!

This slice of watermelon will live 
somewhere outside....but until I 
decide for sure, it will be sitting right here 
in the corner.




If you paint a slice of watermelon on something, 
please share a picture....
I'd love to see your creation!

You are wonderful to let me share 
projects with you, Glitterinas!

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Until next time,
Tammy




No comments:

Post a Comment