Friday, October 13, 2017

Glitter Leaf Garland

Happy Autumn Leaf Time,
Glitterinas!

I was shopping in one of my favorite shops 
and they had a very nice glitter leaf garland 
draped across the front of a large piece of furniture.

Ooooh, that would look good on my fireplace!

Then the little voice in my head said,
"You can make that, silly!"

You know what, I can!

Well, I have to tell you 
I was just a bit proud that I'd saved myself $30.

Yay me!

The next day I decided to try my 
hand at making a glitter leaf garland.

Join me in my arts and crafts room ......

I had some leaves from a past project,
so I got those out....


These will work well.


I'm also going to need glue, a foam brush....


.....and glitter!


Each leaf will get some glitter on it....

I'll begin by choosing glitter that looks good 
on each leaf.





These green choices are not exactly right....


.....this gold-y color might work....


......or maybe one of these!


Martha's gold will look nice on these two 
smaller, multi-color leaves.


Once I've made the glitter color choices, 
I'm ready to start putting glue on the leaves 
and sprinkling on glitter!

I love glittering things...

                                                                  love,
love,
                       love!



This red leaf got glitter all over it!
And I got glitter all over me.


Some got glitter on the veins....



....and then a couple more were hit with 
a complete coating of sparkles!




The leaves on the garland that I saw in the store
were all the same shape and size.....
I think I like having a bit of variety with 
the leaves.

When the glitter was dry, I decided to add 
a small, twine bow to each leaf.


The two small leaves that I wanted to use at each end of the garland
were given a half bow.



Voila!


When my glitter leaves were ready to hang,
I recruited my newest decorator assistant.

Up go the glitter leaves.....
along with a couple of burlap ones.


I think this glitter leaf garland looks nice 
hanging on the fireplace.


What do you think, Glitterinas?



Would you like some lovely glitter leaves 
in your house?

Is there a spot that you'd like to brighten up?

Maybe some leaves that sparkle and last for a long time
would work!

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think
about my leaf garland.

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time,
Tammy










No comments:

Post a Comment