Monday, October 30, 2017

Party Mummies

Welcome, Glitterinas!

I'm so glad you stopped by 
Pink Glitter!

I made some mummies for our 
Halloween party 
and I thought you might want
to make some, too.

 Here are the simple steps 
I used to make these 
mummies.


My husband made the wooden bases 
for me from leftover wood pieces.

A piece of thin wood is the base
with a piece of 2X4 standing up for
the top.


I used some thin, linen-type, white 
material for the wrapping and 
each mummy also got two wiggly eyes.


I cut long strips of the white material.....
 jagged edges look best for wrapping the mummies.




To wrap each mummy, I started at the top, 
with a strip of material that had a knot tied in the end.


Then I just wrapped and wrapped...

around and around....

.....when one strip of material runs out, 
tie another strip to it, leaving the ends sticking 
out about 
an inch past the knot.

About two or three wraps from the top
I left a gap in the material 
for the eyes.

When I finished wrapping the whole mummy
I glued two wiggly eyes on the space I left at the top.


Kinda cute, huh?


I just kept on wrapping until all the 
mummy bases were covered with 
strips of material and had two eyes.


These mummies will stand in a lively row 
at our Halloween party 
as part of the decorations.

Until the party, some will be standing by 
the fireplace.....

.....and some will be standing in the 
dining room.


If you drop by to visit,
please don't be too frightened by 
the mummies that we have 
standing around just 
waiting for 
Halloween!


If you are having a party
you might think about adding some 
cute mummies to your decorations.

Leave me a comment and let me 
know what you think of my 
mummies!

Thanks, Glitterinas!
You are the best.


Until next time,
Tammy











No comments:

Post a Comment