Thursday, October 26, 2017

Lots of Bragging! Lots of Pumpkins!

Welcome to 
Pink Glitter
Glitterinas!

Thank you for checking in with me 
today.

I'm going to be bragging on my great husband today.....
not anything sugary sweet,
or too personal, 
or embarrassing...

just a plain ol' brag fest!

I have been wanting him to try his hand at growing 
pumpkins.

He grows beautiful flowers, delicious veggies, lovely plants....

so why not pumpkins?!

Each autumn I buy many, many pumpkins to decorate 
with around the house, inside and out!

He decided to give pumpkins a try....

Yay!!!

He prepared a spot for a garden and 
delegated an area for pumpkins!

As the plants began to grow I was so excited.

The plants grew....


and grew......


and grew......

The leaves on the pumpkin vines were large 
and green and so pretty!

Blooms began to appear and then small pumpkins 
started to form.

It was very exciting!

We got to figuring when the pumpkins 
would be ripe and ready to harvest.

They were going to be ready about 2 months 
before they would be used.

Ooooops!  

Next year my favorite gardener will make 
some adjustments to planting 
time and the pumpkins will be ready 
right on schedule!

He's the BEST!


Back to this year's harvest of pumpkin cuteness......

these little jewels found their way onto our dining room table.


The green stripes make this itty bitty quite unique.





All the little curly tendrils on this one make me smile!

Hubs was very careful to get the stem picked 
with all the curls still attached.

How thoughtful is that?



Some more pumpkins that hubs grew 
found their way to the kitchen....


....this beauty might just be my favorite!


The large pumpkins just couldn't hang on 
until October....they were so pretty and 
round.

A few medium ones made it until 
pumpkin decorating time.

I used some of them outside, 
in the little wheel barrow...


.....with a touch of grape vine....


....aren't they pretty?


I like this one that's sitting and looking so 
attractive next to some of our metal pumpkins.

It's mix-y, mix-y colors of green 
and orange are nice!



My husband grew all these for me!!


Look closely....see them?




Don't these small guys look good in these vintage
chicken feeders?


The metal welcome basket on one of our 
backyard gates got some 
pumpkin cuteness....


....love, love!


These fun, busy guys who were visiting
Five Gables Farm
each found a pumpkin in the 
pumpkin patch to take home!




I've decorated with this sign for years.


Next year it might be a true sign for us here 
at 
Five Gables Farm!

Do you decorate with pumpkins, Glitterinas?

Do you grow your pumpkins?

Please leave me a comment and let me know.



Thanks for reading all the way to the end!


Pumpkin love,
Tammy



















No comments:

Post a Comment