Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cranberries, Jalapenos, Cha-Cha-Cha!

Cha cha cha, Glitterinas!

I am working in the kitchen today....
so the only dancing will be when something turns out yum-yum-yummy!

Thank you for stopping by Pink Glitter......I am so glad you are here to spend a little time with me.

I want to share some delicious yet simple recipes with you.

The first recipe we're whipping up in the food processor is my family's
Fresh Cranberry Relish.

My family enjoys this relish with poultry....so I make it for
Thanksgiving and again for Christmas.  It's a nice addition to a meal in February or July, too!  Just keep a bag of fresh cranberries in the freezer.

It's fresh, crisp, sweet and just a bit tangy.


I am starting with a large bag of cranberries today because I am making more than one type of cranberry relish.  My recipe calls for the small bag of fresh cranberries.

This recipe is fun to make because it always turns out great....
and it's simple and quick!


Whizzzzzz......whizzzzz.....and there it is!

Into a large canning jar and into the refrigerator....after husband and I have a little taste, of course!



Tammy’s Cranberry Relish

1 pkg. (the small one, the three pounder is crazy toooo much) fresh cranberries
1 jar orange marmalade (a cut up orange works,too, peel included)
1 or 2 granny smith apples, chopped
1/2 cup pecan pieces
splash of lemon juice
sugar, to taste

I give the cranberries a quick whirl in the food processor, then add all of the other ingredients, giving it a whirl after each addition.  Taste and adjust.  To me, this relish tastes best after it has been in the refrigerator for about 24 hours. Enjoy!

Now that our trusted cranberry relish is in the refrigerator.......I am going to make something with a little heat!

See the can of sliced jalapenos?  Half of the can is popped into the food processor next.....


I am using the cranberry relish recipe with the addition of about 14 oz. of sliced jalapenos.  

This large can holds 28 oz.......so, there's one more recipe after this.....yay!


Now this cranberry relish has a good ol' kick!

It goes into a canning jar, too and is kept cold until it's served.

Our sweet son in law loves "hot and spicy" so I am hoping he enjoys this new twist on an old stand by!

OK......last but not least....

we'll use the rest of the sliced jalapenos to create a yummy salsa.


Whizzzzz......whizzzzz......tah dah!

Sweet Jalapeno Pecan salsa!


This goes into the refrigerator, too!

I think I'll serve some of it over cream cheese and some in a bowl for dipping!

This sweet, jalapeno salsa is so good on eggs.

I am excited to have three different jars of yumminess all ready to serve.

Here's the recipe for you.....


Sweet Jalapeno Pecan Salsa

14 oz. sliced jalapenos
1 1/2 c. pecans
1 c. sugar
2 T. lemon juice

Mix all ingredients together and then pulse in the food processor until fairly smooth.  Refrigerate.

Now you have three new recipes to try!

I hope you and your family will try these and enjoy them!

Which one would you like to taste first? 

Ready to dance a bit, Glitterinas, these recipes turned out yummy, so a little fancy footwork around the kitchen is in order.....cha cha cha.....


Until next time,
Tammy




No comments:

Post a Comment