Thursday, March 6, 2014

Eggplant Bianco

Hello Glitterinas!

Welcome to another easy and yummy meal at Pink Glitter!

I had fun developing this recipe for eggplant.  Most traditional eggplant recipes have a red, tomato based sauce......but I wanted to make an eggplant casserole with a creamy, white sauce.

Let's get going on preparing these pretty eggplants!


Beautiful, aren't they?

The eggplant need to be cut up and placed on an oiled, parchment covered baking sheet.  This is how I cut them up.....

Cut the top off.....


Cut down each side to peel.....


Then slice into half inch rounds.....


Cut the rounds in half.....


Toss with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and some salt and pepper.  The first time I made this I stumped my toe on the salt.....so, just a pinch.....

Oil the parchment paper that's on your baking sheet.



Spread the eggplant slices out on the baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.


The peels go into a bowl for.......



.....my chickens and their "watch dogs", the guineas!  The girls like it when I fix eggplant......


OK, back to our dinner......

While the eggplant slices are baking, it's time to make the sauce......again, easy peasy!

Mix 4 cups of your favorite alfredo pasta sauce with 2 tablespoons of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of butter, and 2 tablespoons of chopped oregano.

When the eggplant is finished baking, cool slices for 5-10 minutes.

Now, you are ready to layer together the casserole.


In an oiled baking dish, layer eggplant slices, sauce, Parm....repeat, slices, sauce, Parm....I made three layers.

End with Parmesan cheese on the top.

Now, it's ready for the oven.

Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.....until the edges are bubbly.

* * Glitterina Tip:  Store your fresh Parmesan cheese in the freezer.  It will last much, much longer!


Just a bit more to finish up this delicious casserole......

Make and add the topping......and bake a bit longer.....

Mix 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs, one half cup shredded Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.  Remember my boo boo....just a pinch of salt or omit the salt.
  

 Grate some fresh Mozzerella.....about a cup will do.


Layer the Panko mixture on top of the eggplant casserole and then top with the mozzerella.

Back into the oven for about 10 minutes.  Then you have a delicious meal to serve and enjoy!


I set the table with white dinner plates, green depression glass salad plates, green napkins, and grand mother's favorite bridge glasses.



I served my eggplant casserole with a green salad and cheesy Boboli bread.




It was a good dinner......


The next time you go to the grocery store.....

                   look for the eggplants and buy a couple......

                                   because now you have a yummy recipe to try!


I am so glad you stopped by Pink Glitter today, my sweet Glitterinas! 

Thank you for letting me share my Eggplant Bianco recipe with you!

Next time, I'll share what I did with the leftovers.....they were pretty yummy, too!


Until next time,
Tammy















No comments:

Post a Comment