Monday, March 10, 2014

Eggplant Bianco.....Chapter Two

Ciao Glitterinas!

Are you ready to turn some leftovers into two yummy lunches?

In the previous post, I shared my recipe for Eggplant Bianco.  It was just husband and I eating the casserole so, there were leftovers.

I love leftovers.....but husband, not so much.

So, I have to be crafty sometimes in the kitchen to make leftovers not seem so "leftover-y".

Oh, come on.....it could be a word....right?!

The first lunch on this meal deal is Pasta Eggplant Bianco.  Not a very original or catchy name but it is good.


I used some spiral pasta that I had left in the pantry.  It wasn't really enough for a big meal but the amount was perfect for this!

* * Glitterina Tip:  Place a wooden spoon over your pot when you are boiling pasta and it will not boil        
over!  This really works......cool, huh?!


Mix the cooked pasta into some of the leftover eggplant casserole (I used about half of the eggplant because I was making two leftover creations.)  It was about a cup of cooked pasta and a cup of eggplant.

I served this pasta mixture over spinach and topped it with fresh chopped tomatoes.  Did I take a picture?  Ummmm, no.  So sorry!

The next lunch in our leftover meal deal is roll ups.  I. love. tortillas.

I love them warm with butter....

I love them with eggs, bacon, cheese etc. in a breakfast taco....

I love them with frijoles, shredded chicken and guacamole....

I love them with creamy coconut curd.....

I love them with smoked oysters and hot mustard.....

I love them with pickles and mayo......don't judge......I love tortillas!

Moving on......

On a tortilla, lay out some fresh spinach....


In a small mixing bowl, mix some eggplant casserole with some room temp cream cheese.  Use enough cream cheese to make a smooth, thick spread.


Spread some of the mixture over the fresh spinach and roll that baby up!  Repeat until you've used all of the spread.  Cover the roll ups with plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator to cool.


We had these for lunch with some fruit and iced tea.  Soooo good.

So there you have my Eggplant Bianco not so leftover-y leftovers!

Do you eat leftovers at your house?  What's your favorite trick for leftovers?

Please share......

Thanks so much for letting me take you on this little culinary journey!  I am really glad you stopped by today.

Until next time,
Tammy




No comments:

Post a Comment