Monday, May 26, 2014

May is Graduation Time!

Hello Glitterinas!

Do you have a graduate in your household?

Husband and I are empty-nesters so there are no graduates here......
however, we have a grand~darling who is a kindergarten
graduate this year!

Seems like we were just waiting for her to be born and here she is
finishing her first year of public school!

When her older sister was a kinder graduate I made
some Tootsie Pop graduation caps for her class.....

so.....

I got to make some more this year!

And I get to make some more in two years when little brother
 is a kinder graduate!

These little graduation hats are very cute and the kids
enjoy receiving one.....that makes them fun for
Gigi to make!

I have streamlined the process by simplifying several of the steps
to making these little hats.

Whether you are a crafter extraordinaire or just getting the hang of a glue gun,
you can make some of these graduation hats any time
you need a little special goodie for a graduate!

Why don't we get started.....

I used paper for the part of the hat that fits on the head (or in this case, the Tootsie Pop).

Cut strips that are 1inch by 4 inches.  Last time I made these, I used the thin craft foam 
for this step.  Hot gluing the strips into circles was tricky and the seam was
a bit thick.  I really like using the paper for this part!


Thin craft foam is used for the top of the hat.
These are 2 inch squares.


Next, I made the tassels.  
Last time I used very thin blue embroidery floss and silver thread.....I also 
twitched for two weeks after making 24 tiny tassels!

Not this time.....I used my Martha Stewart multi blade scissors and
white crepe paper.


Snip, snip, roll short pieces and voila, simple, easy, cute tassels!

No twitching......YAY!


Each hat needs a "button" on the top with the tassel....
so, I punched out some thin craft foam dots.

The straight pin helped liberate any dots that
were reluctant to pop out!


I had all the components ready.....
so let the assembly begin!

Attach the base to the top with hot glue.


Place a small dot of hot glue on the center top.....
set the tassel on one side of the glue dot......


....and the "button" on the other side of the glue dot.


Now, some hot glue on the bottom edge of the paper will
hold the cap on the Tootsie Roll.



Voila!

Cute graduation caps!


These are fun to give to each graduate or tie onto a
graduation gift!

I wish much happiness and congratulations
 to the graduates in your life!

Thanks for stopping by and doing a little crafting with me!

Until next time,
Tammy









No comments:

Post a Comment