Friday, December 18, 2015

The Stockings Were Hung by the Nutcrackers With Care!

I am so glad you stopped by 
Pink Glitter 
today, Glitterinas!

Thank you!  I know you are busy and 
these days are just crazy.....

Today I am sharing my favorite 
Christmas decorations.

Our Christmas stockings

We have a mantel over our fireplace 
which is a great place for the 
stockings.


I have a set of stocking hangers that are 
silver snowflakes and they fit nicely here.

The issue I have every year is what to put 
on the mantel WITH the stockings.

I have tried greenery......it looked OK.....

I have tried Christmas-y Mary Engelbreit boxes.......
they looked OK.....

I have tried ribbon all twisted with red beads......
it looked OK.....



You get the picture, Glitterinas, don't you? 

Nothing looked so good that I loved it!


This year I am trying the collection of 
nutcrackers my Mom spent several vacations 
and shopping trips collecting.

The nutcrackers always had a special 
place....as their numbers grew they moved from 
a little table in the den to a larger table and finally 
all the way across the piano!

As I unpacked them and arranged them
 I felt giddy about how good 
they looked on the mantel.



Why hadn't I thought of this before?!?



I stacked some books along the length of the 
mantel to give some of the shorter, handsome guys 
a little height....



So, what do you think, Glitterinas, do 
these guys look good standing proudly on the mantel?



Next, came the snowflake stocking hangers and the 
stockings.

Four on one end.....


.....and four on the other!


A space in the middle for something 
I'll share next time.

Oh hooray.....I like it!

Not crowded....or too busy....


.....plenty of room for all these Christmas pretties!


Can you see the lace draped 
over the window frame at the bottom 
of the picture?

This is an idea I have for my little green trunk.


As the pumpkins rolled to be put away, I wanted 
to continue to use my green trunk 
for Christmas!

I'll share more next time, Glitterinas!



Until next time....

Tammy





























No comments:

Post a Comment