Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween Needs a Banner

Hello Glitterinas!

I am glad you stopped by.....today I want to share a little banner I made....

I got the idea while playing a match game with the grands.

The match game was on a great site I subscribe to, www.thetoymaker.com.  If you have any children in your life, you should check out this site.  Marilyn shares beautiful things.....some are free and some are to purchase.

I get monthly e-mails that include colorful activities, many of which are seasonal.

I am really glad I took a moment to study the playing pieces of that Halloween match game.....they were so colorful and fun to look at, that I decided to print off another set to craft with!

Hmmm, I wondered what to make......I decided on a banner!

Let's jump right in.....and start with these great little cards.....


I cut the individual flags for the banner from seasonal paper.


A punched edge is nice on a banner, so punch, punch.....a cute little scalloped edge for each flag.


Choose a Halloween design that looks good on each flag and glue each one on...I used rubber cement.




I tied some little bows and added them to three of the flags.....then I used hot glue to attach each flag to baker's twine.  I always leave long ends to ensure easy hanging.


This is where my new little banner will live this year!



Please take a moment to visit http://www.thetoymaker.com

You'll find some interesting games, activities, and paper toys there!

Doesn't Halloween need a banner at your house, too?


Thank you so much for stopping by....please leave a comment so I'll know you stopped by!

Fondly,
Tammy

Linking up with:

Free Pretty Things for You/Pretty Wednesday linky party



Savvy Southern Style

http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/10/wow-us-wednesdays-141.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SavvySouthernStyle+%28Savvy+Southern+Style%29

No comments:

Post a Comment