Friday, October 4, 2013

Let's Get Crafty, Again!

Hello Glitterinas!

I am so glad you have joined me here at Pink Glitter for some more crafty fun!

Let's get busy......



These candles are fun to decorate with.....they look good during the day and a bit more dramatic at night when they are lit!

Start with plain, clear glass, white wax candles.  I found these at the grocery store.  I have also seen them at dollar stores.



I cut napkins to fit around the glass and Mod Podged the pieces onto each candle. The napkins were two ply so I separated them and used the thin, patterned, top layer only.



I glittered some of the black curlyques....but I really don't think it shows that well, so you could skip the glitter.

 Did I really just say that?!?!   Skip the GLITTER.....

I doubt those words have ever passed my lips before!

For the top edge, I fringed some black crepe paper and glued it on.  I went around the candle three times for a full fringe.



At the bottom edge of the fringe, I glued on a piece of orange ribbon and tied a bow.  

Each candle has the same napkin and crepe fringe......but, each candle has different orange ribbon.


Tah Dah!  

Cute seasonal candles!


Let's decorate some more fun candles......again, simple and easy......

I have seen candy bars and glass jars decorated to look like mummies.....let's fix up some tall, plain candles for our Mummies!



Again, start with plain, clear glass, white wax candles.

Cut muslin or gauzy pellon into half inch to three quarter inch strips.  

Here's a Glitterina tip for cutting:

          You can lay your gauzy fabric out to cut....... 


or fold it up for a much quicker cut.....


Tie several of the strips together to begin wrapping the candle.....you want to have little knots as you wrap......

Wrap the strip around once or twice and secure it in place with a dot or two of hot glue as you wrap.

Now you are ready to glue the eyes on.....



Continue wrapping.....wrapping....wrapping.......

Use dots of hot glue to secure the strips after three or four wraps.

The knots should stick out as you wrap.....I pulled and picked on the fabric so it would look a bit frayed as I went.


I made three mummies for my kitchen window.....I think our grand-darlings will enjoy seeing them now that October is here and it's time to get out the Halloween decorations!



I had one little piece of gauze left and could not resist making a bow......


Give these candles a try.....you'll find just the perfect place to put them and they'll make you smile every time you look at them!

Thanks for joining me here at Pink Glitter!  I am so glad you stopped by....


Ta Ta for now, you crafty Glitterinas,
Tammy


Linking up with:

Common Ground/Be Inspired









No comments:

Post a Comment